Thursday, December 10, 2009

Garage VS. Heather

Well, let me just say that if I had a "do it over" button, I would so be hitting, slapping, punching that button, to have a "do it over week". This week has not been the best of weeks, I have had a few slightly better :) With the drama from the previous post, let me apologize again, for ranting and raving...just had to get it out, but thank you to those who did read it and either call or sent text msg's or even emailed me..that was VERY sweet!
Yesterday was going splendidly, work went amazingly well, no problems, kids were really good, my assistant and I got a long beautifully...so what could go wrong, right?!
Well, I was on my way to the gym, so I could get that rock-hard body I've always wanted, I was going to do an hour of cardio do an hour long class, I was just going to rock it last night!! I had put 2 out of the 3 kids in the car, waiting on Keg's as usual, so I thought I'd just pull out of the garage and wait in the driveway for him. Well, I didn't realize that the driver's side passenger door was open a little and so when I pulled out the door caught the garage and yanked the door further back than it is suppose too, and it bent the metal track which makes the garage go down!
As soon as it happened, I was a total mess, How could I be so stupid, how am I going to close the garage, what did I do to my car, and most importantly HOW WILL I TELL KYLE!!! Everyone knows I'm a clutz and do stupid stuff all the time, but this one was a doozie! I cried and cried and cried, couldn't get ahold of Kyle so therefore making me sick to my stomach. I was like I am in SO MUCH TROUBLE..you know how when you're little and you've done something wrong and you're waiting to see what your mom and dad will say? That was me..I prayed and prayed that I could get the door closed that my car wasn't damaged...we got the garage door closed thanks to my neighbor. But, my car..I can't get out of the drivers door..it bent the track or something, so now I have to go to a bodyshop to have that fixed!
When I saw on my cell that it was Kyle calling, I totally went into panic mode, but he was calm, and even told me accidents happen!!! I was so pleased, happy, relieved that he was so calm, bc if the tables were turned, I'm sure I wouldn't have been...especially after all the stupid stuff I do!
So, LESSON LEARNED: DO NOT PULL OUT OF GARAGE UNLESS ALL DOORS ARE CLOSED!! You'd think that would be a common sense thing, but if you're me, that's not..hahaha!
It has also made me not be so shy and do things for myself...I had to call the garage people, tell them what happened, and they are actually here right now fixing it! :) I had to call a body shop and tell them, and I'll be headed there this afternoon! I'm the girl who not too long ago would get nervous just calling to order a pizza!! LOL.

I am hoping for a better END to the week, we'll keep our fingers crossed! I am praying that this little clutzy moment doesn't cost us an arm and a leg! Just wanted to tell Kyle again, how sorry I am, maybe there is a "special group" that I could find that could help me with my clutzyness and help me find some common sense! Thank you Kyle for still loving me, though I cost you a lot of money and alot of stress!!

So, I hope I have helped in some small way to all you mom's out there who have garages!! So, that you don't make the same mistake as I did! :o)
MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL!

3 comments:

  1. It could happen to any of us! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well little sis we all make mistakes but maybe not as bad as yours. Just keep it in your memory log so you can look back and laugh about it. I don't think you are a clutz, you were just excited to get to the gym. I hope the rest of your week and your weekend goes better. We will see you Friday and have a great week.

    Big Bro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi..I doubt anyone would do what I did..I do alot of stupid stuff..haha..Love you too! And, Big Bro..I wouldn't count on my "memory log"..that is not too dependable..haha Only one more day in the week, so I'm hoping it goes well:o) And, we can't wait to hold baby Presley!! SO EXCITED!!!

    ReplyDelete