Friday, August 6, 2010

Bookbags, homework and early mornings!


Well, the first week of school is officially in the books. Can't believe we were in countdown mode to school starting, and the first week is already over! Early mornings are in full force..6am comes quite early!! But, the boys are doing a great job of getting up and to the bus stop on time! The boys are excited...probably because they haven't had any homework yet...but come Monday, it's coming! It's hard to believe I have a 4th and 2nd grader! Where has the time gone?! They are growing up so quickly, I just want time to stand still for a bit.

Chloe and I had a "date day" on Monday, while the boys were in their first day of school, we went down to Atlanta to her "favorite" restaurant, the Cheesecake Factory! Then we went to Lenox Mall where we did some fun school shopping for her! It was a great day together, enjoyed spending the day with my diva! Little did I know that the next day would be a very stressful, emotional day! I was told that my PreK position was no longer, they offered me another job in the school, but frankly that's not why I went to school and I deserved to be treated better. So, I had to make a decision, do I put Chloe into GA prek or keep at home. Knowing that I would be quitting the next day, I had to make a decision quickly.

GA prek in Georgia fills up in the Spring. So, I just knew that there was no way I could get her into a school, she'd probably have to be on a waiting list. Well, I called around, went to a couple of places and put her on waiting lists. At this point, I was emotional, stressed and just not a good day. I came home frustrated. I called this one last place, close to our home, prepared for them to not have an opening. She told me come in, and fill out paperwork and if we can get you in, we'll let you know!

I got the boys off the bus, drove to this school. I walked in and the director told me, 20 minutes ago a little boy got accepted to the private school ..(he was on the waiting list at the private school) and they had an opening! YAY!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!! I quickly filled out the paperwork, met her teachers, saw the classroom...and then reality hit. All my children have been with me during their preschool years. I've always known what was going on with them throughout the day. I started tearing up realizing my baby girl..last child would no longer be with me. It was hard. But, I knew this is where she was suppose to be. Everything was just falling into place for it not to be.

She started her first day the next day! She LOVED it!!! It was a sad day, but I know she has "to grow up sometime" and leave me.

So, now comes my new adventure. What am I suppose to do? Where am I suppose be? Do I work full-time/part-time? It's all very stressful for me as well as for Kyle. Just putting my trust in God to show us where and what I am suppose to do!

Thank you for your prayers for us..and all the calls, emails, texts. It has meant alot to me!

MUCH LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment