Monday, July 27, 2009

If life is a highway..then give me the service road!


So, to explain my title..some days I feel like the world is all passing me by, like on a highway. When you're driving on a highway you are going at a high rate of speed, well that would be me, and you are cruising along, passing the slow drivers, enjoying the "wind in your hair". Then other times, I feel like I'm am on the sidelines (service road) watching everyone else pass by, living their lives being carefree!

I guess being a busy mother to 3 awesome kids, I kinda get lost in all of their activities, household chores, taking care of everything! I look around and it feels like I have missed out on life..but have I really? NO..my life IS my kids, family and the hubby! Would I change it for the world? NO. I love my life, love my hubby, love my kids! Others may pass me by on life's highway, but I'm ok with going slow on the "service road".

Even though some days I wish that the laundry would fold itself, dishes just jump in the dishwasher, bathrooms disinfect themselves, but that will never happen, and I've come to the realization that I guess I don't mind doing all that! That's my job, to make sure my kids and hubby are well taken care of, and our comfortable in their own home! The kids are growing up way to fast, and I just need to enjoy every moment, take it slow on the service road. Why be on the busy highway of life? You become numb to people around you, experiences around you. But on the "service road" you get to enjoy life around you, enjoy the experiences around you!



1 comment:

  1. What a great reminder! Sometimes I feel like I'm not "contributing" because I don't bring in any money or work my brain enough. But you are right, our life is our kids/family. They are what is important right now. We are molding them to what they will become. Now that's scary. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete